Monday, October 5, 2009

10/5/09

Video Summary:
Let's Play The Simpsons: Hit and Run #35


Doo, Doo, Doo, Another level bites the dust!

After spending 4 videos and a half of two videos (about 5 videos total) in this level, I can proudly say that Level 6 is done! Yeah, I had some difficulty here and there, but why put any emphasis on that? No gamer is perfect....that's why people are still fighting over speed run records.

I knew Mission 6 was going to give me trouble, but I didn't expect it to give me so little trouble. Yeah, I failed at the very last moment of the first part in my first attempt, but the fact it only took me two tries is pretty extraordinary, if you ask me. Getting back to the studio in under 50 seconds is no easy feat. You have to not only drive nearly perfectly, but be very effective in taking the shortcuts. I was rather heart-broken though when I just barely failed on that first attempt. That car just didn't want to cooperate with me.

Mission 7 gave me more trouble than Mission 6, ironically. What you saw on video was me failing that ramp jump and then me cutting to a future (and the final) attempt. I did this mostly for time though because I wanted to get started on Level 7 in the video as soon as possible. However, I felt it was a good cut that actually fit the clips together pretty well. All of the cut content consisted of was me getting ridiculously unlucky with me barely nudging a wall and then getting stuck in the process.

Ok, so level 7! I have something planned for this level involving the costumes, but I'm not going to tell you guys until tomorrow's video, so stay tuned for that. I'd really like to see this project end on Video 39 or 40, but if I go one video farther, it will be fine. I hope I can piece all the extras together in a fine fashion.

Video Quotes of the Day:
"Well what do you know, you were telling the truth. You've tought this
old clown a lesson. Uh, blah, blah, blah, excetera, excetera, stay in school.
I just wish you told me before I let them set up those free laser gun stands."
- Krusty

"Oh man, that sounds cool! (sarcastically) I mean, oh no, I hope their plan fails."
-Bart

---------------------------------------------------------

SlimKirby's Top 5:

Top 5 Favorite Simpsons Characters

Since Hit and Run is ending soon, I figured I would start talking about something Simpsons related, starting with my Top 5 favorite Simpsons characters. Now, I just want to say that this was a very hard list to make because there are so many great characters in the series, and they are all done by very, very talented individuals, so it's very hard to leave out anybody, so before I actually get to the list, I just want to give kudos to the very talented voice acting team behind the work of this incredible series.

5. Lenny Leonard

"OW! MY EYE! I'm not supposed to get pudding in it."

Lenny is perhaps one of my most favorite characters, mostly due to just how random he is. To me, he always just seems to be at the right place at the right time (as well as all jokes relating to him).

4. Ralph Wiggum

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Although a bit overrated, Ralph is a classic character in every right and retrospect. It's a shame they really overdid it though in future episodes. No one can deny though all the classic quotes and moments this 2nd grader has brought to the series.

3. Sideshow Bob Terwilliger

"*shudders* Rakes, my old arch-enemy!"

This character is perhaps the only thing that Kelsey Grammar has done that I actually enjoy. Like Ralph, this character is a bit overrated, but that is mostly due to the writers thinking they can have a Sideshow Bob episode every year. All of the old Sideshow Bob episodes are classics, and they really haven't been bad until "The Italian Bob," an episode where they decided that he must have a wife and a kid, both who want revenge on the Simpson family as well, for whatever reason. I understand them wanting to try and keep it fresh, but was this really a good attempt? Oh well, I stick to my original statement of the old episodes being fantastic.

2. Troy McClure

Hi! I'm Troy McClure! You may remember me from such films as "'P' is for Psycho" and "The President's Neck is Missing"."

God bless the late, great, Phil Hartman. He was such a great man, who had amazing talent, and it was sad to see him go, because this character (as well as Lionel Hutz) also disappeared with him. Troy McClure was such a great character, and he was a hilarious, yet accurate depiction of a TV/Movie personality. The episode "A Fish Called Selma," (an episode where he was in the spotlight throughout the entire thing) is perhaps one of my most favorite episodes of all time, just because his role throughout the entire episode was brilliant and entertaining.

1. Homer Simpson

"Oh yeah....I was at the flower shop too! Yup, getting drunk at the ol' flower shop."

Kind of a cliche choice for #1, but seriously, this man leads the series. I don't think I could go one day without remembering the Duke of "D'ohs!" and how much he has impacted television. No one can deny the greatness of this character. He may be the funniest guy on television, no doubt!

---------------------------------------------------------

That about does it for today's entry, see you guys tomorrow!

-SlimKirby

No comments:

Post a Comment