Sunday, October 4, 2009

10/4/09

Video Summary:
Let's Play The Simpsons Hit and Run #34


I'm sorry guys, but I really love progress, and when I make a good amount of it, I really don't have that much to say here. Oh well, I'll try my best.

Mission 4 was a lot easier than I remember it. I guess the flight to the Brewery can be pretty tough if you don't avoid a lot of cars, and that road leading to the brewery, with all the twists and turns, can be lethal if not careful. Even though I hit two cars, I still drove that part pretty well.

The street race.....now that was annoying. In my first attempt I got pretty lucky midway through, but that didn't justify my poor performance in the beginning. I think I probably could have taken that if I just stopped hitting things, but it was originally Homer's fault since he got in my way when I was trying to turn into the shortcut. Then, I also didn't take that 2nd shortcut very well either. It was just a giant mess. I really don't like cutting my footage like that, but that is a pretty long race and I didn't want my video time to suffer because of that.

Mission 5 was a joke......a big joke. That was way too easy.

Ok, that about does it for this summary. Next time, prepare to see an end to Level 6, and maybe a beginning to Level 7, the GRAND FINALE!

Video Quote of the Day:
"I can't believe I have a working laser gun and I'm using it for good. I'm such a sell-out!"

------------------------------------------------------------

SlimKirby Update:

Ok guys, the majority of this update will be about Mario Party 5 since that will beginning in less than 2 weeks. That’s right! Less than 14 days from now, Mario Party 5 will be here, a project I started planning back in February. Unfortunately, due to some technicalities with copyright, it got pushed back and pushed back, but now I will be starting it very, very soon.

First though, I’ll address the Simpsons: Hit and Run progress. We are almost done with the game, as tomorrow should bring us some Level 7 progress (not much, but enough to start). At this rate, the game should be completed by the 10th, 11th or 12th (not counting the extra content I have planned). I have to admit, I really have enjoyed doing this game for you guys, but I’ll talk more about my personal reflections as it closes (and during the week of extras).

Ok, some other things I will address very quickly are some small hints of my next LP, which will happen after Hit and Run officially ends (after extras), and after the first board of Mario Party 5. I will be going into more detail next week as far as starting dates go, but for now, I don’t want to talk about it too much. I will say that I am kind of looking forward to this game. Here are two preliminary hints of what the game will be:
- A very obscure game/series that started on the NES.
- It’s a series I haven’t done, but the main characters are related to a series I have done.
I have some other hints to give, but I’ll hold that for next week. If you already have some ideas, feel free to comment on your impressions of what they could be. I won’t tell you if you are right or not (yet anyways), but it’s a great feeling to find out that you made a correct first prediction, isn’t it? :P

Ok, on to Mario Party 5! As I have stated in other playthroughs, Mario Party 5 is actually pretty far down on my favorite MP games list. Will that influence the project in any way? It’s hard to say. The thing about Mario Party 5 is that it is a very slow paced game. Not only that, but it is perhaps the most random of the bunch with the capsule system. Not only are there a lot of capsules, but most of the time, it doesn’t matter who uses the capsules and anyone and everyone can be effected by them. It is pretty much a giant cluster**** of randomness (excuse me for censored language). Also, the boards are pretty unexciting as well, so it just seems to drag on forever without any sort of idea of what’s going to happen.

The thing I do give credit to MP5 for is the mini-games, because those can actually be pretty fun. There are a few of them that are bad though (particularly the ones where you randomly press a button and someone wins), but there are a lot of good ones as well. Those are a saving grace in this game, and I can generally live with the blandness and randomness if I get a good turn or game every now and then. Also, the CPUs still have that wonderful charm of stupidity, so that will definitely provide some enjoyment as well.

For the project I will be covering all 7 of the story boards with either 20 or 25 turn games (leaning more towards 20). I will also cover some of the extra modes and games you can play for the title as well (Card Party, Volleyball, etc.). Some people are more than likely going to ask me about Super Duel Mode, and at this time I have NO plans to do that because it is so different from the standard Mario Party gameplay style (and for me, not very enjoyable). I may do one video covering the basics, at the very most, but I’m definitely not crazy about doing a set of videos on that.

Ok, now, when should we expect to see this Mario Party mayhem? Well, expect the first board to be uploaded on either the 17th or 18th of October. I know that seems like awhile from now, but think about this; I have one more week of Simpsons, and another week of Simpsons extras. I’d also like a few days off as well after finishing such a big project. Just stick with the current pace and MP5 will be here before you know it.

Also, I guess I should talk about scheduling as well. Right now, I am currently planning to do one board per week. I know that doesn’t seem like a lot, but keep in mind I will be doing other projects during this time, and I’ll be uploading about 5 or 6 videos per board. I think that will be more than fair to me and my schedule for college. I think this will be a good approach for me, and this will also open a door of opportunity for me on Sundays to have a day off (since it would be the beginning of the week).

I’ll talk more about scheduling as other projects come into play, but for now, you can start counting down the days to Mario Party 5!

--------------------------------------

That about does it for this entry. I hope you enjoyed the update and are looking forward to my future projects. I also hope you enjoy the final videos for The Simpsons: Hit and Run!

- SlimKirby

No comments:

Post a Comment