Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9/29/09

Video Summary:
Let's Play The Simpsons: Hit and Run #29
Part 1


Part 2


Wait, two videos? That's right folks! Due to the fact that I really hate armored trucks, and that I wanted more progress than I made in the first video, I split #29 into two parts. Since Part 2 is just an extension of Part #29, I figured that I wouldn't name it 30, since I would only be doing the same thing throughout the 2nd part (trying to blow up that stupid truck).

Anyways, first we have Mission 5, a mission that seems more simple than it actually is. The major flaw of this mission is the computer AI during the "follow and collect" part of the mission. The truck will randomly hit walls and other cars, which will more than likely get it stuck, and if that happens, you are probably going to fail. I don't see why they don't give you more time after you collect all the garbage though. I mean, on a first-time run, you aren't going to know where all of that garbage is, so why give a bullcrap time limit? Hell, why give a time limit during the truck chasing part? Seriously, I think the developers overlooked a few key things when making this mission.

If Mission 5 wasn't controversial enough, next we have Mission 6. Although it can be arguably easier than Mission 5, that armored truck is a pain in the ass. Let's see...ramming into it does nothing...pushing it against a wall is the best way to destroy it, yet guiding it will still do quite a bit of damage to you....and it drives pretty flawlessly for such a heavy vehicle like that. Such a pain to destroy on every playthrough of this game I do. Another thing that kind of pisses me off is the inclusion of a "Avoid the Cops" task after the destruction of the truck. Maybe it's not too hard to too, but after taking down that giant truck, why even give the player another chance to fail?

Anyways, with this out of the way, only one mission stands between the finish of Level 5, so expect a start to Level 6 tomorrow!

Video Quote of the Day:
"I should know better than to trust a demented jackal.....BUT OK!"
~Apu

-----------------------------------------

A SlimKirby Shout-Out

I'm not sure if I should even make this shoutout. I was actually going to make this shout-out before, but now I'm glad I didn't because this LPer hasn't made a single update since I was planning to shout him out. Heck, he hasn't made an update in 3 weeks either, so it's even longer than I'm making it look....

Let's Play Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen by ThePastaKing


Ok, let me say something really quick, and PK, I hope you are reading this as well....

You are a good LPer...well, actually, you "could" be a good LPer, but your updates take WAY TOO LONG bro. TMNT: Tournament Fighters took you about 14 videos and that took several months to finish. This game looks to be a lot longer, and I really don't think your subscribers, or any video viewers you happen to get, will want to wait so long for these updates. Straight and simple, there is your warning, and I really recommend you either reprioritize your schedule, or just take a step down from LPing, because this is kind of ridiculous.

With that being said though, ThePastaKing is still a good man and he still makes some enjoyable videos, and I do recommend that you check him out, but don't expect updates too oftenly (unless he takes my warning to heart...)

---------------------------------

This update is over, stay tuned for tomorrow's update...which just happens to be the last day of September.

-SlimKirby

No comments:

Post a Comment