Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/23/10 - Ready for Launch! (Pre-SMG2)

Hey guys, I am making this update rather early this time. As I'm typing, it is 9:00 AM in the morning. Why am I up so early and why am I updating so early? Well, in just a few hours, I'll be heading to Best Buy to pick-up my copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2. The Best Buy in my area opens at 11 AM, so at around 10:45, my dad will be taking me down there. For whatever reason, he wanted to come to, although I'm not surprised, he generally likes walking around Best Buy while I go and do my own thing. I can't believe in just a few hours I will be playing the game I have been ever so anxiously waiting to play since June of last year when it was announced.

I shouldn't have any trouble getting a copy, for one, I live in a very remote part of Indiana, and it's usually not very difficult to get games or systems at their launches. I was able to get a Wii on the very first day of its release, and I only left 2 hours before the store opened (and there were people who camped out for it). Also, I was able to preorder the game, so that should also verify that I won't go empty-handed.

So over the next few days, that should pretty much give you guys insight to what I will be doing. Don't worry about my video uploads, as I am pretty much prepared for this next week already (I have videos for Monday-Friday recorded, in addition to next Sunday's video as well). I'll probably have to take a few breaks in the middle of next week for next weekend's Mario Party 6 board and then what I have planned for my 10,000 Subscriber special.

Besides all of the Galaxy hype, I can't really say that much has been going on. I'm really just trying to keep up with house chores my parents have been giving me. They are definitely trying to guilt me until I get a job, but there is not much I can do about it....getting a summer job these days is near impossible. People can't afford to hire, and when they do, they have people already lined-up in front of the "Help Wanted" sign, people who aren't looking for a summer job, but one to keep to actually support the family. I swear, the economy right now is terrible. Thankfully though, I have gotten some time to myself to chillax and hang out with some old friends. It's been good, and that is all I can really say at this point. Things can still get pretty interesting though, as there are a lot of things coming up.....family and friend graduations, summer visits from relatives who live many states away, summer activities and festivals....you name it. :P

Also, as for the future of this blog, I still plan to incorporate some changes, starting in June. After my little wake-up call last week, I have gotten a few more opinions, most of which say the blog is running fine the way it is and that I shouldn't change it. I do appreciate the help guys, and I will take your words into consideration, but it's not like I'm going to completely alter it. I guess "making changes" weren't exactly the words I was looking for...moreso I'm just going to be adding to the blog, not really changing it. Maybe trying to address certain things from more personal levels, or maybe for what I already address, try to address them with even more content. I dunno...maybe I'm just paranoid that I am not really fulfilling the purpose of a blog? I am a bit of a perfectionist after all when it comes to certain things.

Anyways, got quite a few things to talk about today in terms of Youtube projects!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario Party 6:

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Well, E. Gadd's Garage certainly sucked!

Sorry if that spoiled anything for anyone who hasn't watched yet, but honestly, for some of the things that happened, you would have to see to believe it anyways. At least I can take solace in the fact that it was a pretty close game up to the end (at one point during the bonus star give-away, 3 people had the same amount of stars, and I was one of them, having the most coins as well). As most Mario Party games go though, it all came down to pretty much luck......luck with happening and orb stars. And the ironic thing is that if they still had the Coin Star, I would have won the game, hands down. Oh Mario Party 6...

So many random moments in this playthrough though, such as the 1-coin duel I mistakingly made without realizing, and the freaking Pixel Perfect incident with Boo and his shenanigans. When I almost drop the F-Bomb, you know that something ridiculous has just happened.

Kinda looking forward to what board I will be playing this next week. Mostly because no matter what board is chosen, it will feature a new Mario Party play mechanic, which should be fairly interesting to watch. Of the ones that are left, Faire Square is probably my favorite, and Snowflake Lake my least favorite.

------------------------------------------------

Donkey Kong Country:

I know I use this expression a lot, but would you believe me if I said Donkey Kong Country will end next Sunday? Well, because whenever I use that expression I'm usually referencing when I will be done with aforementioned game, you guys should now realize that the game will indeed end on Sunday. As I mentioned earlier, I have all of this next week's videos recorded (except for Mario Party 6), and I had just enough to squeeze the project into 13 videos, which is about what I expected. This of course will not be the shortest project I have done (Adventures of Lolo 1 and 2 and Super Mario Land 2 still have this beat), but it's still really short when you look a the majority of my projects.

I don't really want to go into much detail about the videos, as they pretty much speak for themselves. I think I ended the project pretty well...almost in the same fashion (in terms of skill) as I started the project, which in retrospect, is kind of weird how all of my fail came into play in the middle of the project.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy what is left of the project as much as I enjoyed recording it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

New Project:

Well, with Donkey Kong Country almost over, some of you guys are probably wondering about what will come next. I've been hyping this monster of an LP for many months now, and I still can't believe it's about to come to fruition. As usual, I'm going to stay pretty silent about it, but next week, I may decide to drop some hints.

This project may be a hit or miss project, but it is a risk I am willing to take for a game that I think is truly spectacular. As for start dates, I mentioned that it would happen right after I finish Donkey Kong Country, but I may delay that for just a little. For one, as mentioned earlier, I am almost in the presence of 10,000 subscribers (less than 150 to go), and I'm probably going to release that special during that week and then hold off on the new project while I'm still trying to get Galaxy 2 out of my system. On the other hand, there is really nothing keeping me from releasing the project, and in a way, it makes sense not to hold off, just for the sake of completion (I have many other projects I want to do, after all). Oh well, I guess for now I will just do what I am most comfortable with.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's about it for this entry. I'm going to go take a shower and get ready for one of the biggest purchases of this summer vacation. Take care everyone and I will see you next week when I have Galaxy 2 on the mind. :P

1 comment:

  1. It sucks for me that mine birthday is this Friday and I'm going to have to wait another week to get SMG2. Yeah and I think your performanmce on E.Gadd's was not as worse than what happened in Western Land and may I need to remind you about the troubles you had on that board besides the infamous hiccups

    ReplyDelete