Monday, November 9, 2009

11/9/09 - Monday, Cruddy Monday!

Hey guys, SlimKirby here for another blog entry!

I think I've decided that my blog entries are going to be held every Monday now. Monday seems like a good day because it's the start of the week, and I always seem to have some free time (which is strange, because I shouldn't have this time at all). I miss the days when I could update daily, but I just don't have that strength within me anymore.

Anyways, a few things happened during this past weekend as a flood of CSS and Blargg Pit videos hit Youtube, and I was the one to start it all. =D Anyways, just a reminder on that, Blargg Pit is a website ran by ShadowMario41 that I will also be making contributions to. CSS (Crystal Star Studio) is a collaborative Youtube channel hosted by me, ShadowMarioXLI/41, KManRules1331, MegaFreak400, PowerToMario, GaiaCrusher9, and ThePastaKing. While the site still has a ways to go in updates, and while CSS is still thinking about some main projects for the channel, don't expect there to be very much content as of right now. In the future though, this will all change.

I'm not going to go into very much detail about everything, but I will give you guys a link to a video where I did give a lot of detail. If you saw the video already, this will be old news for you, but I really don't feel like going over everything again for a 2nd time.

My Video (Regarding Information to the Blargg Pit and Crystal Star Studios)
^ Click for direct link

In the mean time, enjoy this awesome CSS trailer made by ShadowMario41 =D


-------------------------------------------

Mario Party 5

I know what you guys are thinking....."ONE COIN!"

There is not much I really have to say about Sweet Dream. It went pretty well until those final turns. If I would have just won Whomp Maze, I probably would have been fine, but the forces of luck were stacked up against me in everything else. The thing I blame most about my loss was that game of Mathletes. I only got 2 coins while everyone else got 24. That game alone put me in a tight spot against Mario. Not to mention Mario also made a good score in Coin Cache as well. The Bowser Bonus had very little impact on the game itself. Even if I had that star, Mario still would have won the mini-game star, and then we would be tied in stars, and he had more coins anyways. Now if I won Whomp Maze, the Bowser Bonus would be at fault, but otherwise it was merely an inconvenience.

I hate to admit it, but before Sweet Dream, I was actually having a lot more fun with this project than I originally thought I would be having. Sucks that two BS losses had to ruin my fun. Oh well, the party boards are halfway over, and some of the extras are kind of fun, and then the project will be over. Still no estimated finishing date because I have no idea how I want to structure the extras at all.

Anyways, expect the next board to be uploaded overnight this weekend. I will be home once again, which means I have my good desktop computer (which is always on) to work with. On Fridays I go to bed at either 2, 3, or 4 AM (depends on my mood and how tired I am), so expect the uploads to start around then, possibly at 2 so I can at least check on them. Last time I was home I had trouble with Future Dream Part 7 being uploaded, so definitely expect some uploading errors as well.

--------------------------------------------------

Lolo 2

All right! New project starts today!

To be honest though, Im not sure how to feel about Lolo 2. Normally I don't jump into a game with this much of an "unsure of" feeling, but I really don't have anything else to give at the current time. I know some of you are probably thinking, "Well SlimKirby, if you aren't sure about something, don't do it! We can wait!" but to be honest, it's not that I'm unsure of the game, or the project, or the reason why I am doing this project. It's kind of difficult to put into words. I guess it can be explained by, "Well, I don't have any doubts or complaints, nor do I have any good reasons or excitements either, I'm just doing it." I guess that's to be expected from someone who has been doing this stuff for over 2 years now, and on such a regular basis that it just feels like a daily task/duty of mine.

Anyways, as said in numerous other places, Lolo 2 will not take very long. Probably about 11, 12, or 13 videos and then it will be finished. Like Lolo 1, expect updates on the weekdays only. Sunday will remain my day-off from Youtube, so don't expect a video then either (especially since I upload 7 or 8 of them on Saturday already X_X)

-------------------------------------------

Update on Future Projects:

Well, many of you responded well to my update video last Friday when I started announcing the possibility of Yoshi's Island very, very, very soon. You also responded quite well to the GBA Yoshi's Island replacement idea as well.

Anyways, I'm going to get straight to the point here. I really don't like giving bad news, but from the way this is looking, Yoshi's Island is going to get pushed back a bit, and not only that, GBA YI is not looking good either. I'm going to be straight with you guys, for SMA3:YI, I would have to use an emulator because, first of all, I don't have the game anymore (actually, I may have not had it at all, I don't really remember). Second, even if I found the game, it would have to be done on my GameCube's Game Boy Player, and Im not taking a 3rd system up to college. Anyways, I have been doing some test runs of the game on emulator, and so far it does work pretty well. However, when it gets to World 3 (Monkey World), it lags like hell. I played through a few levels and it was like "matrix-style" throughout the whole level. And I wasn't even recording either. I even had several other programs closed, but still no success, and I'm not about to give you guys a playthrough like that. I'll keep doing some research to try to fix the problems, but Im thinking I'll just play it safe and stick to the SNES game. Since you guys responded so well to the idea though, I definitely won't throw out this possibility...just give me some time to work out the kinks.

Either way, with the postponement talked about earlier, this playthrough probably won't happen/start until January 2010 anyways. You can expect Kirby Super Star during Winter Break though, that's a promise! And you'll get the game in all of its SNES glory! =D

-----------------------------------------

I think that's about it for the update. I wanted to maybe talk about a few other things, but this update ended up being a lot longer than I originally intended it to be. Hope you enjoy Lolo 2, and the next MP5 board. Also, don't forget to check out The Blargg Pit and Crystal Star Studio. The links are in the first section of the update. See you guys later!

-SlimKirby

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute...

    Didn't all of you make those vids? Mr.41 just put them together.
    Oh well, technicalities.
    I didn't really like Lolo but oh well.
    Good luck with everything. And whey, I got 2 weeks off!

    P.S. MIND GAMES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete