Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/09 - Another Month Halfway Over

Hey guys! SlimKirby here for another weekly update. These last few weeks have been pretty busy for me, and from the looks of it, will continue to be pretty busy as well. I am rather excited about next week though for it's good ol Thanksgiving. Not only does Thanksgiving mean a few days off from my classes, but it's also a nice time to relax and get caught up with your friends and family. I am definitely looking forward to it, I must say. What will that week mean in video updates though? More importantly, what can we expect this week, in the present? I will be going over that, right now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lolo 2

The first week of Lolo 2 went pretty well. Had a few little trouble spots here and there with some difficult puzzles, and it didn't help that I had to remake Video #4, but for the most part, I made good progress and got through quite a bit.

This week I will be attempting....pretty much the 2nd half of the game, where things start to get a little annoying. I have up to Wednesday filmed at this point, and even I will admit that I was pretty surprised at my progress. So surprised that I even made a claim that the project could potentially end on Friday.

On second thought though, definitely do not expect that. Lolo 2 will definitely end before Thanksgiving, but a finishing date on the 23rd or 24th is a lot more likely. It's not that I doubt my abilities, but if you remember back in Lolo 1, Video #9 and #10 only covered 3 levels each (along with the credits and closing in #10), and I'm not quite sure what to even expect in this game for final levels. We are getting close though....so close that I could almost taste it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario Party 5

They say 3rd time is the charm, but I definitely didn't expect the third time would be yet another loss. That's right, once again, despite feeling pretty good about the way I played, I was unable to pull out a victory at Undersea Dream. I'm not really sure what it is with this game, but it really does not want me to win. I think I took the loss pretty well this time though. Yeah, I cursed a few times, and I shouted a few times, but really when you think about it, you can't really blame Luigi for that much. He just got lucky with the dice. If I was in his position, I would have made the same decisions, and I would have bought a star whenever I could, which is pretty much what he did. Would I screw my teammate in 2 vs. 2 minigames though? Well, that is a much different story, but Im not going to complain about that too much because things actually went my way in that department, despite how screwy it was.

Now, I want to get into a few things. I will probably talk about this in Rainbow Dream before I just plain stop talking about it, because I feel I have brought this up numerous times. I got quite a few comments this time about my cursing, my anger, and a few other things that came out of my mouth during this playthrough. I just want to address this again......

"If you don't like the cursing, deal with it yourself."

Just be satisfied that I don't blurt the f-word out every two seconds like other LPers and Youtubers. Frankly, I think I'm doing a pretty good job in limiting my cursing. I honestly don't curse that much, and it when it does happen, it's not like I plan in my mind, "Ok, I haven't said a curse word in awhile, so I'll say one here, and other one in 10 seconds!" No, it's not like that at all! If it comes out of my mouth, it comes out of my mouth. I am 20 years old for crying out loud, and I'm even going on 21 in 40 days. I've been around cursing my entire life. My mom even let me watch South Park when I was only 10 years old, only because she knew I was mature enough to handle the content, and she knew I wouldn't make a habit out of it. And if I did make it a habit, I'm quite certain my dad would whip me into shape (not physically, more verbally if anything).

Honestly, you kind of have to just look past the fact that they are "curses" and look more at the fact that they are just "words." Take stuff like that with a grain of salt. Trust me, very rarely will you see me using the words with their literal meaning. And if I do, you would know.

The same thing kind of goes with the anger thing. I wouldn't say that I was really "THAT" angry with the game. The only thing that really annoyed the heck out of me was Clock Stoppers when Luigi just refused to move. You gotta admit, that is pretty annoying when your teammate doesn't do anything and the other side moves flawlessly. I really don't take games THAT seriously. It's just the heat of the moment when you kind of lose that fundamental control over what you are going to say.

Anyways, Rainbow Dream will happen this weekend. I think I am still going to go with Normal computers as I believe the case I made for myself still kind of applies. I mean really, I'm usually on top when it comes to mini-games, and even when Im not, it's by a ridiculously small margin, usually determined by luck *cough*MATHLETES*cough*. I'm sorry if you guys will lose some appreciation or interest because of this, but I just want to see what will happen because of this. Knowing me, I'll probably go back to Hard for Bowser's board, but we'll see what happens.

I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to structure the extra videos though. I'll probably go over that on next week's update when it will be more relevant, but for the most part, I'll probably stop the weekly updates and try to get on more of a "every 2 or 3 days" update schedule. More on that will determined later.

-------------------------------------------------

Short LP on Horizon

For those who haven't noticed, I did actually add another LP to my main channel description for "Late November 2009." This was the "short LP" I discussed in my update a few weeks back. When I say "Late November," I mean it in the most strict of definitions. I'm actually planning for this project to start on November 30th, the very last day of November. Now, I may not set that in stone JUST yet, because I can always start it on the 1st of December as well, so the start of a project can begin at the start of a month, but I want to make sure that this new project and MP5 are done before I start Kirby Superstar on the 19th of December. So yeah, expect this project to begin in two weeks. I'll go into a little more detail of this project in next week's update, and possibly give some hints on what it will be. I won't have a contest this time though, because the contest for Lolo was a bit of a trainwreck.

--------------------------------------

Anyways, that is about it for this update. See you guys next week for THANKSGIVING WEEK! Woo! I can't wait! =D

- SlimKirby

No comments:

Post a Comment