Sunday, March 7, 2010

3/7/10 - Spring Break Blues

Hello everybody, SlimKirby *coughs* here!

Here I am on Spring Break, the much anticipated Spring Break, and what do I have to say for myself?

"Damn it!"

I seem to have a very good track record of getting sick every single Spring Break I have....and it's the same thing every time. Anyways, for those wondering what exactly I have, it's an upper-respiratory sinus infection. Basically, an infection that effects the different forms of respiration throughout the head area and the part of the respiratory system that leads to the lungs. Some general symptoms of this are runny or dry nose, eye irritation, coughing and wheezing (not the Pokemon), sore throat, and ear irritations (the latter two are my main problems). It's something I have had to put up with for the last 10 years of my life, multiple times per year. I am pretty used to dealing with this type of stuff, but it still gets on my nerves. I sometimes feel sorry for my mom for having her listen to my complaining (in person and on the phone), but she is pretty good about it though, since she goes through the same type of problems.

Anyways, due to these problems, they are going to put a bit of a damper on my Youtube uploadings for the first part of this week. Until I feel comfortable talking (and listening to myself talk), I refuse to put up anything I play (although I will admit, I am pretty well prepared for 5-8 of Yoshi's Island since I have played it like 15 times already XD). Anyways, I'm sure you guys have gotten the point by now.....I'm sick, so let's move past that and talk about other things.

I will say, this entry is going to be kind of short this week, but I really don't have much to discuss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Projects:

What can I say? I think both projects are going pretty well right now. Almost one world (and 6 bonus levels) left before I finish Yoshi's Island, and I'm making some moderate progress on Advance Wars as well. So yeah....no complaints from me. =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back-up Progress and Copyright Situation:

Unfortuantely, no progress was made from me this week as far as my video backing up goes (nor have I gotten any new information from Youtube about the copyright stuff either). Thanks again to MegaFreak400 for starting and finishing Adventures of Lolo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CrystalStarStudio and KManRules1331:

Well guys, K-Man is finally finished with his chapter in the CSS playthrough of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. It was a pretty interesting roller coaster ride of thrills, but I didn't expect any less of K-Man.

I will say, when you go from a very informative and calm individual like MegaFreak400 to a humorous, off-the-wall, risk-taker like K-Man, you really get to see how unique this project will be when examining each individual host. When MegaFreak400 was in the driver's seat, I didn't have to worry because I knew he had good standards and we would be able to keep the attention with his informative rants and discussions. Now, while I'm not saying K-Man has bad standards....you have to admit.... that boy is a risk-taker. He will try to push the envelope as much as possible. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but expect to get some whacky results. On the whole, I thought K-Man did a great job and I wouldn't have changed anything about his performance (except for that audio desynch thing, but that wasn't his fault). Great job K-Man....you showed us that you can talk about "stage presence" and still be a great LPer.

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, kind of a short entry this week....I apologize. I'll do better next week when I'm hopefully feeling better.

- SlimKirby

No comments:

Post a Comment