Sunday, March 14, 2010

3/14/10 - And The Stress Keeps Marching In!

Hey Guys, SlimKirby here!

Sorry for the lateness of this week's entry. This entry has been in mind all day, but execution unfortunately couldn't happen until the late hours of Sunday night, I guess. It's always crazy on the last day of Spring Break.

Anyways, unfortunately, due to the sickness I had, I didn't really get to enjoy my Spring Break very much. It's really hard to enjoy it when you need to sneeze and cough constantly. Thankfully, all of that died down a bit about half-way through the week, so I was able to update Youtube stuff again on Thursday. And, as I am writing this entry, I imagine a good night's sleep will vanquish what I have left in my system (I hope).

Anyways, not a lot to really mention this time, but I do have a few topics in mind and a few things I want to talk about, including last Friday's stream event, and the start of ThePastaKing's portion of the TTYD playthrough.

-----------------------------------------------------

Yoshi's Island:

The main game is almost finished. The final level (not counting bonus levels) should be up Saturday. I don't imagine the bonus levels and videos taking me that long either, so if I had to estimate an end date, probably the weekend of the 27th, but I can't say for sure just yet.

----------------------------------------------------

Advance Wars:

Andy's path is almost done, which means I'll be making some storyline progress very soon. It's about time too, since I've had that cliffhanger from Mission #7M for awhile now. XD

----------------------------------------------------

Super Bomberman 2:

I'd like to say that this project will start on April 1st, but I'm not really sure yet. The opportunity to prank you guys is just too good to pass up. =P

----------------------------------------------------

Copyright Issue:

(Before Getting Message)
Still no information, unfortunately. I should get a response soon though. Hmmm, perhaps I'll check right now, since it has been a few days...

(After Getting Message)

YES! ITS FINALLY OVER! HUZZAH!

And yes, this happened while writing the blog. XD

------------------------------------------------

CrystalStarStudio:

Well, ThePastaKing is now up for his chapter. Now instead of worrying about risky updates....I have to worry about....updates even happening to begin with. XD

I'm just joking of course. I think ThePastaKing is a great LPer and he is more than qualified to LP any game. I just wish he would update a bit more. I know the life of a college student can be a busy one, but I see PK quite a bit in the Blargg Pit's chatroom. He doesn't seem as busy as he could be. :P

Either way though, for his first week of updating, things went pretty well. He made it through with all updates in tact, and he has the confidence to take it further. Trust me, this king is going places.

------------------------------------------------

March 12th, 2010 Stream Event:

Despite being sick for the first part of the week, the live stream event I wanted to host did actually come to fruition. My voice was still a bit hoarse, I lacked a cohesive group of moderators for a short period of time, and I had to sink to a low and play Pilotwings 64, but overall, it was a pretty good stream.

I started out with NSMBWii, which went averagely well. Nothing spectacular happened, but nothing terrible happened either. Pretty much what you expect with a Mario game.

Second game was Mega Man, which I only played for a short while. I didn't totally suck, as I was able to make it through 2/3 of the robot masters (and I don't normally play Mega Man), with very little struggle (although I really hate Elec Man's stage and block vanishing puzzles now).

Third game was Banjo Tooie, which was unfortunately where things started to drown out for a bit. Most of my co-commentators/moderators were either away or playing Modern Warfare 2, leaving the chat to be swarmed with spammers and impersonators, with nothing I could really do about it, as I was playing a game. I made quite a bit of progress though, considering (in Banjo Tooie standards (it is a hell of a long game).

Fourth game was Mario Golf, which I didn't play for very long. I only played one course and one mini-golf course. Wasn't incredibly exciting, but it was a nice transition to the last game.....well, it would have been if......the next game didn't happen.

The fifth game was a bit of a joke, but you guys insisted on voting for "Slim's Choice," which happened to be Pilotwings 64. I played only a few missions before moving on to the actual winner of the poll. I will say though, Pilotwings 64 is actually a pretty cool game. I just didn't do it justice as making it out to be a joke.

The final game of the stream was Diddy Kong Racing, and in my opinion, it was the highlight of the night. I'm not sure why, but I just had a lot of fun playing it. I only got about half-way through Adventure Two, but still, it will give me something to do for next stream....maybe.

Anyways, an above-average stream with some below-average moments. It was a pretty awkward day to host a stream, it being in the middle of the spring semester of school, but I wanted to give you guys something for making 7000 subscribers possible. Oh well, from the response I got, it was a pretty good stream regardless, and I will no doubt host another one down the line.

Also, as usual, there are videos of the stream on my UStream account, so if you were not able to make it, you can watch them to see some of the events that unfolded. I haven't edited the videos with appropriate titles and descriptions yet though, so keep that in mind.

--------------------------------------------------

Anyways, that is about it for my Spring Break week entry. Time to hit the hay and get ready for an annoying week of classes =D =(

Later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment