Sunday, February 21, 2010

2/21/10 - What a Week....

Hello everybody, SlimKirby here!

Welcome to another update of this FANTASTIC (overexaggeration of course) blog. I do apologize for the somewhat lateness of this entry, but I have to admit that this did slip my mind until a bit ago. I truly wonder, though, that if the reason I didn't remember until now was because I actually forgot or if I had nothing of major note to mention in this entry that it just slipped out of my head. Either way, I did make a commitment to updating every week, and that is what I am here to deliver on.

Last week I mentioned that I was starting to get a bit burned out with all the stuff I do, and let's just say that this week did not help relieve any bit of that. By the end of this week, I was a wreck...so much that nearly my entire Saturday was ruined, and that IS NOT a day I ever want to ruin. Thankfully, I think this weekend will be a bit different, but I can only hope.

For anyone wondering if Youtube is the cause of this stress, don't be ridiculous. I spend 30 minutes to an hour every 3 days on Youtube stuff and my schedule has plenty of free time for that work. As for uploading/updating, that's nothing of concern either as I upload the videos during my shower or whilst I eat breakfast, and they never take more than 10 minutes to upload. As I think I have said before, I use Youtube and LPs as a way of decreasing the stress, because I get to play games =D! If I was ever put into a situation where I had to put off or cancel an upload, I would not hesitate. I would feel bad, but my real life comes first.

Anyways, some of you are probably wondering what exactly I have to say or impart to you for this update, so let's get on with it!

------------------------------------------------------

Video Backing-Up and Copyright Stuff

Apparently I forgot to mention any word whatsoever about the whole copyright thing last week. It's not really that I forgot anything, it's just that nothing has happened. I even checked before making this update and Youtube still has not given me any information, and it has officially been 2 weeks now. If I don't get anything by next weekend, I'm more than likely going to find a way to contact Youtube about the problem directly, because this counter notification form doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I mean, I wish I could at least have an update of some sort, like if it got sent in and the claimant is verifying, or if it is in a big pile of notifications, or...really anything. I really don't like waiting when I have so much at risk.

For the time being, I'm just going to continue to backing-up my videos and hoping I'll get a response very soon. I finished backing up The Simpsons: Hit and Run the other day, and Im hoping to get Mario Party 5 done tonight as well, so work is definitely being done, and the more projects I get backed up, the less I'll have to do in case disaster strikes!

-----------------------------------------------

Advance Wars:

Still some slow-goings with this game, but hopefully things will start picking up with the new upload schedule that will start being implemented next Friday, where I will be uploading more videos of this per week, and slightly less videos of Yoshi's Island.

Currently, I have just reached the first branching path of the game, and I have destroyed many, many enemy units! =D

---------------------------------------------------

Yoshi's Island:

We're more than halfway there! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH! LIVIN ON A PRAYER!

Ok, sorry about that, but Yoshi's Island is indeed halfway done at this point, and with the new update schedule, I recon there will be at least 3 1/2 more weeks of the project, so it will be done by about mid or late March (about when I predicted).

I hate to admit it though, but I've kind of been getting a bit annoyed with this game. It's nothing really the game has done to me, it's actually more of the response I have been getting. It feels like no matter what I do, I can't make certain people happy, even when I meet them more than halfway and way more than they even deserve. I'm tired of justifying my "relaxed" nature in my videos without people assuming, "YOU'RE TOO TIRED!" And even when the audio and video is desynched just a tiny bit (a problem I can't fix or control), the video is somehow unwatchable? I just don't get it. Oh, and here is one thing that really blew my mind. In 4-3, when I was having trouble getting a red-coin fly guy to appear on-screen, some commenters took the liberty of saying I was wrong and making assumptions over where the last red coin actually was, when I clearly show at the end of the video that the fly guy DID have the red coin I needed. I mean, I know some people like to comment while they are watching the video, and sometimes they make the mistake of posting corrections before seeing that the correction was unnecessary, but in this situation it made no logical sense. This is a 100% playthrough, one that I have done before many times, with no prior instances of asking for help, and no instance of me saying in the video description or annotation that I didn't find everything....why would you assume half-way through the video that I was wrong, especially when they ended up being the ones not to know anything? Ugh...sometimes people just make me want to hit my head against the wall.

I know I should take what Youtubers say (when they are like this anyways) with a grain of salt, but with the rapid rate at which my subscriber number is increasing....that's a lot of salt grains.

-------------------------------------------------

CrystalStarStudio:

We still got K-Man, and from the looks of it, we will have him for another two weeks. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as he has been doing an ok job, but there have been some highs, some lows, and of course, some hilarity (it is K-Man after all). I'll give a full evaluation of the K-Man once he gets closer to finishing his chapter (since some of you are probably wondering my opinion of what happened in last Friday's video, let's just say I'll discuss that in the evaluation).

-----------------------------------------------

Well, I have nothing else to really report, so I will leave it at that. I will try to keep my eyes peeled for stuff to talk and rant about for next entry, because I actually kind of enjoyed ranting about stupid Youtube comments. =)

See you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment