Monday, January 11, 2010

1/11/10 - School in Session....Again

Hello everybody, SlimKirby here.

I don't have a very extensive entry today, mainly because this is my first day of classes for my Spring semester, but also because I'm honestly just not doing anything of note right now, in both YouTube and real life.

Being back on a class schedule is in a way, relieving and a bummer. Relieving because I prefer to have my schedule known ahead of time, and I'm not much of a spur of the moment type of guy. Also, it feels like I'm actually doing something, rather than sitting around the house waiting for something to happen. However, it's a bummer, because it felt like my winter break was very short lived, even if it was only for 3 weeks. It felt more like I had only one week, to be frank. Also, I have a real bad feeling that this semester could end up being my most difficult yet, just from the classes I'm taking. I think this is the farthest I've been in my major, especially compared to my last two majors, so I'll really have to step up my game. Also, since it is required, I'm taking a Calculus class, which I'm definitely not looking forward to. Just be warned guys and gals, if I don't update, it's because I'm sitting in the corner in the fetal position. At least all of my classes are in the morning, and I'm pretty much done by 2 PM, and even a little earlier on Tuesday, so I should have plenty of time for assignments and projects.

Speaking of projects, you are probably wondering about good ol Youtube next. Well, I don't want to go into much detail about it, mostly because I will have an announcement video this week that would explain pretty much anything I would talk about here, so I'll just briefly sum up Kirby Super Star, and talk about CrystalStarStudio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirby Super Star

Well, this project is finally done, and I have to say it went pretty well. There were a few instances of, in my opinion, stale commentary, but for the most part, you can't really expect everything to be perfect or near-perfect. It only took 23 videos, which is 7 less than the first (technically 22 videos due to the extra video, but still, that point is kinda irrelevant), so that's nice, and as far as my own playing, I think I did pretty well, having fewer deaths than in the first.

It's great to have this project under my belt though, especially with only one more redo project to do. Stay tuned for the next replay, which is Yoshi's Island, starting on the 18th.

-------------------------------------------------------

Crystal Star Studio and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

FINALLY! Crystal Star Studio has finally started releasing videos. It took several weeks, but last week, we were finally prepared to release our first video to the public. For our first project, it was pretty easy to figure out what game we would start with, but we did have some other ideas as well, so don't think we had no original ideas and only went with the obvious choice. It's something we were all set on doing, and we are glad we have started it.

As we have stated in our first video description, don't expect all 7 members to be in every video, because you will get pretty much the opposite of that. The way we have decided to go with this project is that each chapter will be done by one member of Crystal Star Studio. Each member will record, edit and upload each video that is a part of their chapter. If they wish to have guest commentary, then they can invite some of the other CSS members to commentate with them on a video, as long as the # of commentators doesn't exceed 3, and the majority of their videos have commentary with just them being alone.

I personally have to work with Chapter 7 of the game, so my part won't be coming up for a long while. It's a bit of a relief for me, because with my long upcoming projects, I'm going to need as much time as I can get, and I don't want to be concerned with with recording yet another project. Still though, it should be a lot of fun to work on when it is my turn. I will just have to remember to keep up with my file so when it is my turn, I can get ready and knock it out of the park.

If you would like to see the first videos of the project, check it out at our channel at the following link;


Otherwise, I hope you enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------

Ok, I think I am going to cut the entry here. See you next week on Martin Luther King's Birthday! =)

Later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment