Monday, December 7, 2009

12/7/09 - May the Winds of War Bring Snow.....and an Update

Hey guys, SlimKirby here for another week of updating. We are in the final month of 2009, but it seems like it was only a few months ago that we were in this position of 2008, at least to me anyways. Time seems to fly by even more quickly when you are older, I guess.

Anyways, today was a very interesting day as it was the very first snow of the season....at least where I am located. I didn't notice until I checked the family website of mine, that it had snowed in Indiana about a week or two ago where my aunt lives, but it didn't make it over to my area. Not that I am disappointed or anything, but snow starts to become a pain the older you get, especially for college students....with vehicles.

I'm thankful that it wasn't a really big storm or anything, and most of it had cleared up by the time I had to leave my dorm for classes, but this is definitely the beginning a long line of snowstorms to come. I'm sure I will endure though. The only thing that stands in my way between my winter break are 2 assignments, 4 finals, possible weather conditions, and then I'm free.

---------------------------------------

Let's Play Super Bomberman

Now, wasn't this a nice little project? A lot of you guys seem to have enjoyed this choice of game, and I'm glad I made that choice, because honestly, I've been having fun with this. Bomberman may have not been the most original or practical choice to make, and in a way, it is "filler" before I embark on the Winter Break adventure of Kirby Super Star, but at least I can say it has been fun.

Tomorrow I will have the final episode of story mode. In addition to the final boss, I went ahead and made something special for the episode (mostly because it was only 5 or 6 minutes long. It's something I have/had been working on for awhile now, and I finally managed to pull it together. What is this surprise? You will just have to wait until tomorrow.

Finally, I will also announce that I have finished the Battle Mode videos for the game. They came out to be 5 videos, which is about what I expected. Frankly, I'm just glad it wasn't more than that. Those 5 videos should all be posted within a time period of 5 or 6 days, but I will be alternating between this and Mario Party 5 for the remainder of the next two weeks. At the rate I'm going, or planning to go, Batle Mode should be finished by Tuesday of next week.

--------------------------------------------

Mario Party 5

The Mario Party 5 extras have started, and I'm happy to say that they will be continuing, but now expect them to be uploaded during the week, and not just at the end.

First off, I have Super Duel Mode planned for Wednesday. That should take me about 2 videos to show everything I would need/have to show/explain. Of course, to unlock everything in Super Duel Mode, I would have to do some serious farming off-screen, but I don't think that is completely necessary, so I will not be doing that. Anything I don't have unlocked (or bought) will be mentioned, but not shown.

Next we have Extra Mode, which I plan to show this Saturday (the 12th). To be honest, I'm actually looking forward to this part, because one of the extra games (Card Party) ranks highly among some of my favorite Mario Party extras in the whole series, so I am definitely looking forward to that.

Finally, the most extensive section of the MP5 extras will be Mini-Game Mode. In the past, this mode has basically just been me covering the mini-games I haven't played, and extra modes like "Mini-Game Stadium," "Mini-Game Island/Coaster," etc. In this game, there are 5 other modes of play in Mini-Game Mode, "Mini-Game Battle," "Mini-Game Tournament," "Mini-Game Circuit," Mini-Game Decathalon," and "Mini-Game Wars." In my playthrough, I plan to cover Circuit, Decathalon, and Wars, but I am unsure about the first 2 modes. Mini-Game Battle is merely a "Play to 'N' wins" (N being a number determined by you before it starts), and Mini-Game Tournament is merely a 4 duel mini-game mode that determines the standings based on those duel victories, so honestly I'm not that crazy about covering it since it seems like a waste of time.

But why are the other 3 not a waste of time? Well, personally, there is something about the other 3 modes that I just find unique. Mini-Game Circuit, for example, is an actual board modeled after a race-track, and in a way, it's based on classic board games of the past which depended on movement more than knowledge of how to play the game. Of course, in order to move, you will have to win mini-games, so it's not completely based on movement, but still, I'd like to show it. Mini-Game Decathalon is a little interesting because it involves all of the "NEW RECORD" type games you can play in MP5. And one thing I like about this mode is that even if you don't win any of the games, close seconds could still come out to be a win for you. Of course, I have a feeling that mode will feature a blow-out of SlimKirby....just being honest here.

Then there is Mini-Game Wars, which will more than likely be the big draw of Mini-Game mode. It's somewhat a game of strategy, but it is mostly dependent on mini-game skill. I would go into more detail, but honestly, it's simply just playing through 4 Player games, which are randomly determined, so really, there isn't much to explain until I'm actually playing it, so I'll leave it at that. The only reason I'm even considering to play this is due to the fact that it is somewhat hard to unlock.

Finally, we have the "Final Battle" of Story Mode, code-named "Frightmare." I will be doing this on December 18th, that last day before I start Kirby Super Star to close out the project. I may end up showing the game credits as well.

And that will about do it for Mario Party 5.

---------------------------------------

Wow, once again Mario Party 5 gets all the attention! Don't worry though, as this attention will not last very long. Once again I feel bad for spending so much time talking about current projects and not about future projects, especially with CrystalStarStudio. We are working on something, but don't expect it to be something really big or anything, until Winter Break. We have a few ideas and it seems like the only thing left to do is to just get together, have a vote and decide, but as I have explained earlier, we are trying to get a lot of other stuff sorted out....

GaiaCrusher9 has oral surgery coming up... me, Mega, SM, and PK have college finals to take care of... PTM has finals and scholarship stuff, and K-Man...well, honestly I don't know where that little freak is, but I'm sure he is busy too. :P

After all of that stuff gets sorted out, we will have some stuff for you guys, we promise. Just let us take care of a few things, eh? ;)

Anyways, that is about this for this week. Next week I will start talking about the conclusions of both Super Bomberman, and 2-month long MP5, giving my thoughts about the projects, and then start talking about Kirby Super Star, one of the greatest games of all time! =D

Later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment