Tuesday, December 22, 2009

12/22/09 - Christmas Break Busy-ness

Hey guys, SlimKirby here!

Nice to see you on this lovely Mon.....errr...Tuesday day. Yeah, I'm aware I didn't update yesterday, but I actually had a pretty good reason. I had some morning doctor appointments and then I had to babysit my younger cousins for most of the day. Then I also had some other stuff to do, such as recording (and re-recording -_-) and SM41's Holiday Trivia, so I was a very busy Kirby yesterday.

I haven't forgotten this entry though, I just had to postpone it. I thought I said that this would be postponed in my channel, but looking back, I actually didn't, so I do apologize for that.

Anyways, as I am writing this, my Christmas Break has begun, or at least the first 5 days of it. Finals week went pretty well, and I'm satisfied with my final grades. It's nothing really that impressive, but as long as I didn't get lower than a C and my cumulative GPA is over 3.0 (which it is) I am completely satisfied. Bah, grades...who needs them? :P

On Saturday, (besides the first Kirby Super Star video, which I'll get into later) I went to visit my grandmother and then go to a family Christmas party with some extended family. It was a nice time, and I got a baseball cap with my last name on it as a white elephant gift. It wasn't the best gift in the collection, but it was something I actually didn't mind getting. :P

On Sunday (and this is the last thing I'll mention from my life before getting into projects), me and my dad brought my 2 cousins home (his two nieces) for 4 days. As I am writing this, this is the 3rd day, so they'll be gone tomorrow...thankfully. It's not that I hate spending time with them...quite the opposite. It's just that I haven't gotten as much free time to myself so I could play games, hang out with friends, or practice some KSS so I don't suck on the recordings. Not only that, but as mentioned in today's video, they made me do a recording over because the 10-year old just loves the computer and the Internet and when something doesn't work for her, she shuts off the computer while a video is processing on my computer. Again, not mad that she did that, but mad that she didn't ask me first. Also, the 5-year old, the younger one, is a handful. She is just at that age where she wants to do everything, but stops in between something to start something else. The worst was when they wanted to play Rock Band. I don't think the drumset will ever work again after a 5-year old banged on it through 6 different songs. Oh well...such is life, I guess.

Anyways, only a few days to Christmas, and my birthday, where I will be turning 21! I can't believe I'm finally at the age that I dreamed of for so long. For those of you wondering if I plan on doing any drinking....well, just to be honest with you, I'm not really much of a stranger to it. I have actually experienced alcohol before, but didn't really care for it much. It's just not worth doing something stupid, even if it is just a casual drink with friends. Also, my mom, although not necessarily an alcoholic, has gotten into a few little incidents involving alcohol, and those incidents made her feel really bad, so I'm trying to use that as something to apply to myself and not make it a habit. It is cool to be of age though...kinda fulfilling, even if I don't plan to do very much with it.

Anyways, I know you are probably getting bored with what I have to say, so I'll move on to project stuff.

-------------------------------

Kirby Super Star

KIRBEH SOOPAH STAR! Oh boy, I am SO GLAD to play this game again. I forgot how much fun it is. To celebrate, I even started a new file on Kirby Super Star Ultra just so I could play ahead a bit. Great game that Super Star Ultra! Glad I purchased it!

Anyways, at this point, I have finished the first 3 games and completed the mini-games, so I just have to do Great Cave Offensive (longest game by far), Meta Knight's Revenge, Milky Way Wishes, and the extra unlockable game (you'll see when we get there). It's kind of disheartening though that for my next blog update, I'll more than likely still be in Great Cave Offensive, but that's the beauty of this game, you have to experience the Cave Offensive, YOU HAVE TO! ITS UNAVOIDABLE!

As far as project endings are concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if this project continues into the start of my Spring semester (in that case, I'll film ahead of time to make sure I get it done, so that won't be a problem), but I expect maybe 25 videos at the very most, which means, probably around January 13th (probably a little before). This also means that Yoshi's Island can start from the 16th-18th. I haven't decided, but I will decide as time goes on and as KSS comes to a close.

-------------------------------

Ok, sorry for the somewhat short update here, but I'll be back next week to talk about more stuff, including some cool stuff I'll probably get for Christmas as well (with Christmas money anyways. :P)

Talk to you guys next time!

-SlimKirby

No comments:

Post a Comment