Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20/10 - A Somewhat Philosophical (But Still Quite Late) Entry

Hello everybody, SlimKirby here!

Hooray for another blog entry, and “Double Hooray!” for it being late! I know it really feels like I’m not taking this blog seriously, but I assure you that it is nothing like that. Things have truly been a lot more hectic than I’ve given them credit for, and I was working until like 1 AM last night before MegaFreak400 reminded me, “Hey! You have a blog to do, don’t you?” At that point, I was ready to move away from the keyboard and not even think about writing anything at that point. I do apologize if some of you guys truly look forward to my blog entries, but I really have to prioritize the way I do things, and unfortunately my blog is at the bottom of that list when it comes to things I have to do on Sunday. Trust me though, it would be a lot higher if I didn’t have any classes the next day…but unfortunately I can’t get that lucky.

So yeah, if you couldn’t tell, things have been really busy for the Slimster once again. I’m not sure what is up with my professors this semester, but they are seriously out to get me. One of them is set on assigning really difficult programming assignments and is a real hardass when it comes to things he doesn’t care for, and two others teach a class filled with very difficult mathematical content….content I define as “Who Cares Mathematics.” Generally, I’m actually somewhat of a math enthusiast, but when it comes to this kind of math, I just stare at the problem and say to myself, “does the fate of the world really depend on knowing how to use Taylor’s Theorem and MacLaurin Series?” I swear, after midway through Calculus I, math was just ruined for me. It really sucks that my major pretty much requires these types of classes, and I’ll do what I can to pass them and come out of them with good grades, but I really hope I don’t lose my sanity over it, because that would just not be worth it.

Besides that though, the week really wasn’t that terrible. There were some downs, but there were also some ups too. Things often alternate in the world of SlimKirby, I’ve started to notice. One minute I could be getting excellent news about an opportunity that could further my life and help me obtain an exciting future career, and the next minute I could be feuding with a close friend. It’s a shame life can’t be all gumdrops and lollipops, but the world doesn’t really work that way, now does it? You can try to change it, but it probably ain’t gonna happen…..life just sucks in general. I know that’s a rather negative view to have on things, but the way I see it, it’s only a general outlook, not a feeling. Even the most unfortunate person is bound to have a stroke of luck and goodness every now and then, and when they do, they should enjoy it…..they should feel warmly about it….they should EMBRACE IT…THEY SHOULD LOVE IT! THEY SHOULD….ok, getting a little carried away there. Anyways, yeah, I’m not saying that you should just dread life in general, I’m just saying you shouldn’t go into it expecting only good things, because most of the time, you will be easily disappointed, and that’s not that much better than feeling miserable all the time. So my motto is, be prepared for the ugly, so you can deal with the bad stuff as soon as possible and then enjoy the things that make you happy. I know it’s a rather weird, maybe even a blasphemous, viewpoint, but it’s worked for me at least, and I’m a happy-go-lucky, all-around, nice guy……..right?......RIGHT? You better have answered yes to that. >=( =P

And that actually brings up another point….why are people so obsessed with gumdrops being used as a metaphor for happiness? I’ve never found gumdrops to be that exciting. In fact, I’ve always found them to have a rather bland taste, plus the fact that small pieces can get stuck to your teeth….very annoying. =\

In Youtube news (yes, that’s right, screw the dotted-line format I’ve been using), Donkey Kong 64 has been moving pretty smoothly so far. I’m already on the road to finishing the project in a lot less videos, and at this point I already have the first 3 worlds recorded (not completely though (I still have World 3’s boss fight to record and I have to go back and collect a few things in World 1 and 2, but I don’t imagine that taking me very long to do)). Not sure when I’ll get the chance to record more, but hopefully Thursday, or even tomorrow, opens up a window of opportunity. I’m actually really enjoying the project thus far. It’s given me a lot of time to think about the old days when I was playing through the game during my first few playthroughs of the game. I won’t get into it now, because I will in a future video, but I actually have a lot of history with this game, complete with many fond memories.

For those wondering about any future projects on the horizon, I honestly wouldn’t expect any at this time. Right now it looks to just be Donkey Kong 64 for the next few weeks, mainly because at this time I don’t even have my Wii, and some of the projects I’ve been thinking about are only playable on my Wii system (keep in mind, this means Wii, Gamecube, and Virtual Console games, not just Wii games). Before anyone brings up the possibility of me bringing another system with me, let me quickly say that I already have my N64 up here, my second system is always reserved to be my Playstation 2, and there is no way I’m bringing up more than 2 systems for my temporary home…..no, just not going to happen.

For anyone wondering about my Wii, as I’ve explained in past entries, my Wii is currently being sent in for repairs to have the lens reader fixed (or readjusted). I’ve been having problems with my system reading certain games, specifically my Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii discs. I haven’t physically sent in the system yet, but I will this weekend when I go home. All I’ve done at this point is call customer support so I know at least what to do, but it will be under way soon.

For those who continue to wonder about CrystalStarStudio and the future of the co-op channel, the only thing I’m going to ask you guys is to continue to remain patient with me (and us) as we try to figure out a few things. Believe it or not, we have actually run into some difficulty at this point, a difficulty that will probably delay things even more (if me not having my Wii wasn’t enough). However, I promise that we will try to figure things out as soon as possible so we can go back to creating videos for you wonderful people.

I think that’s all I’m going to talk about for this entry. I know I promised a GotW this week, but the lateness behind this entry kind of prevented that from being made. I do have a candidate in mind though for next week, so hopefully next weekend’s entry doesn’t get delayed. -_-

Anyways, I’ll see you guys later, whether it’s in my next video upload, or my next entry! Later folks!

- SlimKirby

No comments:

Post a Comment